TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONFIRMS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. PRODUCTS, CONTENT AND SPECIFICATIONS. All features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on this website are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colours; however, the actual colour you see will depend on your computer screen and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colours. The inclusion of any products or services in this website at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. (It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased from this website. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner).
2. PERSONALISATION. Any personalised products will be written in the same manner as written on the order. If the request is in Capitals it will be written in capitals. Locketts is not responsible for customer typing errors submitted on the order. Locketts cannot be held responsible for inaccurate interpretation of telephone orders. The client should therefore confirm all personalised requirements within 24 hours by e-mail. Personalised products can only be returned or exchanged if Locketts makes a mistake. Customer mistakes or typing errors at the order stage will not be refunded under the distance selling regulations for personalised products.
3. TELEPHONE ORDERS. Orders given over the telephone are entirely at the client’s risk unless confirmed in writing within 12 hours.
4. CLIENT’S PROPERTY. The client is responsible for the insurance of any property, pictures, paintings, photos, frames and artwork deposited at Locketts premises and in transit to Locketts premises.
5. SHIPPING LIMITATIONS. When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on this website. Risk of loss for items purchased from this website pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
6. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. We attempt to ensure that information on this website is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this website may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or validity of any information on this website. For example, products included on the website may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on the website. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
7. USE OF THIS WEBSITE. The website design and all text, graphics, information, content, and other material displayed on or that can be downloaded from this website are either the property of, or used with permission by Locketts and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. Such material may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with the prior written permission of the owner of such material. You may not modify the information or materials located on this website in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use any such materials for any public or commercial purpose. Any unauthorised use of any such information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password and for restricting access to such information and to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
8.TRADEMARKS. Certain trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos used or displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of Locketts. Other trademarks, trade names and service marks used or displayed on this website are the registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this website grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos displayed on this website without our written permission or the written permission of such third party owner.
9. LINKING TO THIS WEBSITE. Any permitted links to this website must comply will all applicable laws, rule and regulations.
10. THIRD PARTY LINKS. From time to time, this website may contain links to websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by us or our affiliates. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this website. Neither we nor any of our affiliates are responsible for any content, materials or other information located on or accessible from any other website. Neither we or any of our affiliates endorse, guarantee, or make any representations or warranties regarding any other website, or any content, materials or other information located or accessible from such websites, or the results that you may obtain from using such websites. If you decide to access any other website linked to or from this websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
11. INAPPROPRIATE MATERIAL. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. In addition to any remedies that we may have at law or in equity, if we reasonably determine that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, we may take any action we reasonably deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, the immediate removal from this website of the related materials.
13. DISCLAIMERS. Your use of this web site is at your risk. The materials and services provided in connection with this web site are provided "as is" without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Neither we nor any of our affiliates warrant the accuracy or completeness of the materials or services on or through this web site. The materials and services on or through this web site may be out of date, and neither we nor any of their affiliates make any commitment or assumes any duty to update such materials or services. The foregoing exclusions of implied warranties do not apply to the extent prohibited by law. Please refer to your local laws for any such prohibitions.
14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. We assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any materials, from this website. In no event will we, our respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, affiliates, parent corporations, agents, successors, assigns, retail partners nor any party involved in the creation, production or transmission of this web site be liable to any party for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this web site, any websites linked to this website, or the materials, information or services contained at any or all such web sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations of liability do not apply to the extent prohibited by law. Please refer to your local laws for any such prohibitions.
15. PRIVACY. We only collect personal information from you when you register or make a purchase on our website. We use this information to support and enhance our relationship with you and make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you special offers and promotions.
We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation in place.
When you shop on this website, we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content we send you and ensure it is as relevant as possible
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing and fulfilling your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- To notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
- Planning and managing our business activities including marketing (in accordance with your preferences).
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Locketts by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process.
If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to receive any further posted mailings from us, please email email@example.com
If you have opted in to receive offers in the post from companies who we think may interest you but changed your mind, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, service providers and other contractors in order to fulfil orders you place with us and to provide the services you have requested.
We will never pass on your details to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have agreed to this. We only share your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and /or user information, we are entitled do so.
16. REVISIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then current Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this website.
17. CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION. These Terms and Conditions supersede any other agreement between you and us to the extent necessary to resolve any inconsistency or ambiguity between them. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the England, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions shall be admissible in judicial and administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
18. TERMINATION. You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this website at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this website at any time without notice.